We are a UK based ‘virtual folk club’ covering grass roots music, traditional or original, across the spectrum of folk, country, blues and Americana. We have been encouraging and enabling authentic music, both ancient and modern, since February 2017. Our main audience tends to be the folk and acoustic music community, but in reality we love a wide range of genres.
We produce radio shows (mainly music based) and podcasts (live music and interesting conversation). We also curate and stage occasional live folk music events. Our sister company Invisible Folk specialises in heritage based projects with local museums, historical societies and arts groups.
Our weekly radio shows are carried by five stations:
- CRMK – Internet station in Milton Keynes
Listen every Sunday 10-11pm
Go to http://crmk.co.uk/listen
- Beat Route Radio – Internet station for Rushden & Nene Valley (Northants)
Listen every Sunday 10-11pm
Go to https://www.beatrouteradio.co.uk/ (hit the play button under ‘Listen Live’)
- Sine FM – Community FM radio station serving Doncaster, South Yorkshire
Listen every Monday, midnight to 1am Tuesday
Go to http://sinefm.com/listen_live (you may need app)
- Radio St Austell Bay – Community FM radio station serving St Austell, Cornwall
Listen every Thursday 10-11pm
Go to http://www.rsab.org/ (hit ‘Play Radio’ button on right of their screen)
- Radio Crónica Folk Musical – Internet station based in Mérida (Spain)
Listen every Thursday 8-9pm (Central European Time)
Go to http://rcfmmerida.es/ (hit the ‘ON AIR’ button)
The shows have a late-night relaxed feel. DJ Jon Bickley features contemporary artists as well as a nod to the recent and not so recent past. We have good contacts in PR and promotion meaning we have access to newly released material from a variety of sources. In addition we also feature talented friends who deserve your attention and who have appeared on our podcasts.
If you aren’t around for these broadcasts you can catch up a few days later:
- From February 2020 our radio shows have been available for streaming or download from our Podcast Channel go to https://invisiblefolkclub.libsyn.com/
- Alternatively all our radio shows since March 2018 can be streamed from Mixcloud go to https://www.mixcloud.com/steve4545catfish/
Our podcasts are where it all started back in February 2017. Our aim is to have fun while entertaining and educating through music and conversation. We have had all sorts of interesting artists through the door. We occasionally go ‘off piste’ and stray outside the world of music to cover topics that we think our listeners will appreciate e.g. politics, climate change, poetry, gender, story-telling, writing plays, museums, social history etc.
In mid March 2022 we achieved our 47000th Podcast download. It’s taken 5 years to hit that number but significantly 60% of those downloads have been in the last 2 years. Things are continuing to move in the right direction.
Many thanks to all our friends, it’s been a pleasure!
HOW TO ACCESS OUR PODCAST COLLECTION
- If you are an Apple Podcasts user (formerly iTunes) search for Invisible Folk Club. Subscription is free, sign-up and automatically receive every new episode.
- If you are a Spotify user search for Invisible Folk Club.
- If you are NOT an Apple Podcasts or Spotify user you can listen or download via our host Libsyn. Go to http://invisiblefolkclub.libsyn.com/ and use the search field at the top right of the page. Simply input the artist’s name, hit Enter and you’re on your way.
- Or you can stream via TuneIn – select from the list lower down this page
If you like the sound of all the above and want to get involved somehow, or simply want to tell us what you think of the Invisible Folk Club please leave a message via the Contact page. We’d love to hear from you.